Examples Adult Learning Provider Networks/Partnership Working

This forum has a limit to the number of forum postings you can make in a given time period - this is currently set at 3 posting(s) in 1 day
Picture of Eddie Thomas
Examples Adult Learning Provider Networks/Partnership Working
by Eddie Thomas - Tuesday, 1 March 2022, 2:03 PM

Hello. I am involved in researching and establishing a Adult Learning Providers Network in the Angus area. As part of the CBAL investment plan the aim is to create a Network that will:

·       Improve partnership working to enhance community-based adult learning

·       Map of community-based adult learning programmes and providers in the Angus area

·       Develop accessible information resources that outline learning opportunities for learners

I am interested in finding out about any existing Adult Learning partnership networks that you or your organisation may be involved with or know of that you can signpost me to.

This will give me some good practice examples that can be used to illustrate the benefits to Adult Learning Partnership working as this initiative develops.

They can be formalised network examples or even informal partnership examples.

This will help greatly. Thanks in advance.

Picture of Kirsty Gemmell
Re: Examples Adult Learning Provider Networks/Partnership Working
by Kirsty Gemmell - Tuesday, 1 March 2022, 5:08 PM

Hi Eddie

Haven't got any specific examples to share, but can help spread your responder net! 

If you're part of our Slack Community, you could post your questions there too.  If you haven't joined yet, let me know and I'll send you the link.

Also, if you use Twitter, posting using the #BecauseOfCLD hashtag and tagging @cldstandards might be useful.  We'll retweet.

You would also be welcome to host one of our monthly Virtual Member Meet Ups on this topic - I'm sure people would be interested and it would be another way of connecting.  If you're interested, let me know and we can have a chat.

Please feel free to get in touch here or by email: kirsty.gemmell@cldstandardscouncil.org.uk

Kirsty

Picture of Katherine Pearson
by Katherine Pearson - Thursday, 10 March 2022, 2:54 PM

Each area of Fife CLD has a Local Planning and Delivery Group, which has partners across primary and secondary education, voluntary and third sector organisations. We meet plan and develop adult learning courses. I'm not sure if this is the sort of info you're looking for?

Picture of Eddie Thomas
by Eddie Thomas - Monday, 14 March 2022, 2:29 PM

Hi Katherine

Thanks for your message.

Sounds good.

It would be interesting to know how you deliver this partnership working approach to adult learning. 

We are trying to get something off the ground in Angus and any models and examples of practice elsewhere would be very useful.

If you could email me at ThomasE1@angus.gov.uk that would be helpful and I can perhaps learn a bit more about how you do this.

Thanks

Eddie Thomas