Local Networking Meetings

This forum has a limit to the number of forum postings you can make in a given time period - this is currently set at 3 posting(s) in 1 day
Picture of Nick Toner
Local Networking Meetings
by Nick Toner - Thursday, 15 June 2017, 5:36 PM

Hi Everyone!

I'm as surprised as you are I got this done so quick, but it turns out my home computer remembered the password.

Thanks to Sue and Nicky for bringing us together today, it was nice to meet you all and more than that it's nice to be able to keep in touch. With this forum to keep us connected I look forward to working with you all in some way in the not too distant future.

Picture of Carie Burns
Re: Local Networking Meetings
by Carie Burns - Thursday, 15 June 2017, 6:08 PM

Hi  I agree  that having these Network meetings are  great. I certainly see a benifit  in these meetings  and hope that others do as well. It would be good to see more people attending.  Lets keep the CLD flag  flying !!

Picture of Sue Holland-smith
by Sue Holland-smith - Friday, 16 June 2017, 11:22 AM

It was lovely to see and meet everyone yesterday at our CLDSC Members event for Tayside and Fife members. It would be good to hear if anyone else across the country is organising any events for Standards Council members. We would love to share ideas on this.

I will post information from our network event yesterday in the Tayside and Fife Group space on I-develop. This space is open to all

Sue

Picture of Catriona McNicoll
by Catriona McNicoll - Friday, 16 June 2017, 3:03 PM

hi, was nice to meet you all too and good discussions. I was googling CPD and came across a link which  took me to idevelop...the first chapter of a book exploring CPD and. thought it was a good read.

https://www.i-develop-cld.org.uk/pluginfile.php/307/mod_resource/content/1/9781843981664sc.pdf

Look forward to keeping in touch

Catriona

Picture of Kirsty Gemmell
by Kirsty Gemmell - Friday, 23 June 2017, 10:53 AM

Hello everyone,

Just been looking at the photos capturing your discussions last week.  Thanks for the feedback, Sue - good to know what's on the minds of practitioners :)

The Professional Learning Committee at CLDSC will be working on developing a system for recording Professional Learning.  We plan to pilot something in January so watch this space!

Mike Naulty, Chair of the PL Committee, will be doing an input  on CLD PL at the Scottish Learning Festival in September - info attached :) Sign up to see Mike in action! http://www.slfexhibition.com/

Meantime, if there's anything else we can do to assist, let us know and we'll be there!

Kirsty

Picture of Diare Drammeh
by Diare Drammeh - Monday, 3 July 2017, 4:00 PM

Hello everyone. It was nice meeting you all and apology for not coming to the forum since our last meeting.