CLD & Sex work/prostitution

This forum has a limit to the number of forum postings you can make in a given time period - this is currently set at 3 posting(s) in 1 day
Picture of Eamonn Custance
CLD & Sex work/prostitution
by Eamonn Custance - Wednesday, 27 April 2022, 1:25 PM

Hi everyone.

I'm trying to find examples of CLD/Com Ed working with sex workers/prostitutes as a primary constituent, either in Scotland or elsewhere. I know that some will have worked with for exmaple feminist or women's organisations that will either have included or specifically focussed on sex workers/prostitutes as potential clients but I cannot find any examples of the CLD profession engaging either with organised sex workers as sex workers.

By organised sex workers I mean for example those organised specifically led by sex workers. In Scotland this would include groups like SCOT-PEP, Umbrella Lane/NUMbrella Lane. I am interested both in current and historical examples of CLD/Com Ed engagement with the issue of sex work. Curiously it appears to be a lacuna in the varied work of CLD and I'd be grateful if anyone either knew of any information or could signpost me somewhere.

Thanks.

Picture of Tila McDonald
Re: CLD & Sex work/prostitution
by Tila McDonald - Thursday, 28 April 2022, 3:09 PM

Hi Eamonn. It's a great question and I think you've identified the projects I have heard of. The other place to check out in Glasgow is the Sandyford . Also Youth Health Services, may be able to tell you about people currently working in this area.

I hope this helps.