SQA Mental Health and Wellbeing Course SCQF Level 4

This forum has a limit to the number of forum postings you can make in a given time period - this is currently set at 3 posting(s) in 1 day
Picture of Mark Frith
SQA Mental Health and Wellbeing Course SCQF Level 4
by Mark Frith - Friday, 2 July 2021, 11:37 AM

I'm looking for anyone that has learning material (videos, Youtube, URL's or paper based) to support the SQA's Mental Health and Wellbeing Course at both SCQF 4/5. Although the SQA's supporting learning/teaching handouts are good, some of the material is geared at Level 5, in that there's too much detail and a bit too technical for what learners need at level 4. Also, some areas are light, whereas other topics have tons of information. Happy to chat about specifics.

Picture of Heather Sloan
Re: SQA Mental Health and Wellbeing Course SCQF Level 4
by Heather Sloan - Friday, 2 July 2021, 1:00 PM

Hi Mark - I am Health Improvement Lead for Mental Health at NHSGGC. Not sure what you are looking for but here is a link to our team website where you can find a range of info and resources. We have a range of materials including awareness sessions called Healthy Minds - 16 sessions on topics that can affect mental health. There are supporting docs that go with each session. In addition there are other materials from suicide prevention to self harm etc. Please feel free to use anything that may help. Email me if you think it would help to chat.

NHSGGC : Healthy Minds Resource

NHSGGC : Resources and Planning Tools

Heather 

Heather Sloan

Health Improvement Lead (Mental Health) - UKPHR Scheme Coordinator

Mental Health Improvement Team

NHS Greater Glasgow and Clyde

Commonwealth House

32 Albion Street

Glasgow

G1 1LH

Picture of Mark Frith
by Mark Frith - Friday, 2 July 2021, 2:20 PM

Hi Heather

Thank you for this. I've already found several resources I can use. I'm also looking for anything basic on:

• Triune Brain Model
  • Attachment Theory
  • Neural Pathways
  • Social Media and MHWB
  • MH Strategy and Legislation
  • Mental Health Continuum
  • Brains response to stress
  • Attachment
  • Cultural factors
  • Self care, and 
  • Mindset

Anything at all would be fab. I do have resources on all of these, however they're aimed at Level 5, which is why I'm looking for straightforward learning material.

Many thanks Mark

Picture of Heather Sloan
by Heather Sloan - Friday, 2 July 2021, 4:01 PM

Off the top of my head - Some suggested resources at a basic level

We have another website in NHSGGC with lots of info on MHWB - Heads Up

Social media and HWB - Social Media and Mental Health - HelpGuide.org

MH Strategy and cultural issues info - Overview of mental health and wellbeing - Mental health and wellbeing - Health topics - Public Health Scotland

Attachment – good wee simple booklet from Anna Freud https://www.annafreud.org/media/12489/anna-freud-attachment-booklet-final.pdf or Suzanne Zeedykes work - Homepage - Suzanne Zeedyk her video on the ‘connected baby’ is simple to follow

Self care and mindset - Guides, tools and activities - NHS (www.nhs.uk) or https://clearyourhead.scot/