Participatory Budgeting Polices

This forum has a limit to the number of forum postings you can make in a given time period - this is currently set at 3 posting(s) in 1 day
Picture of Stephen Burns
Participatory Budgeting Polices
by Stephen Burns - Monday, 12 October 2020, 1:51 PM

Afternoon,

I was looking to find out if anyone has developed a PB Policy for there Local Authority area.

If anyone is aware of any and can either signpost me someone in that local authority or a direct link to the policy I would be grateful.

Thanks

Stephen

Stephen.burns@west-dunbartonshire.gov.uk

Picture of Alan Fraser
Re: Participatory Budgeting Polices
by Alan Fraser - Tuesday, 13 October 2020, 9:48 AM

Hi Stephen

This is not an actual policy but could be really useful in devising one.

http://whatworksscotland.ac.uk/publications/participatory-budgeting-in-scotland-an-overview-of-design-choices-and-principles/

The attached may also be useful.

Alan

Picture of Stephen Burns
by Stephen Burns - Friday, 23 October 2020, 2:29 PM

Hi Alan,

I appreciate the link, thank you.

Stephen

Picture of Caroline Lamond
by Caroline Lamond - Wednesday, 14 October 2020, 11:29 AM

Good morning Stephen

I am directly involved in a local PB project called £eith Chooses which distributes Community Grant funding.

However, the Council have a Community Strategies team supporting and leading on community planning, community engagement and participatory budgeting initiatives for the Council.

This includes the development and delivery of •a strategic approach to empowerment as part of the Change Strategy •the community planning approach in the city, ensuring a strong focus on poverty, prevention and ensuring sustainable communities and the Community Plan itself •community participation strategy for the Edinburgh Partnership •Council framework for Participatory Budgeting •Edinburgh Partnership’s approach to third sector support and funding •equalities mainstreaming

The team is led by Michele Mulvaney: Michele.Mulvaney@edinburgh.gov.uk

If either Michele or myself can assist, please do contact us.

Please note I work Tuesday-Friday.

Caroline Lamond MSc| North East Lifelong Learning Service Manager| City of Edinburgh Council |East Neighbourhood Centre, 101 Niddrie Mains Road Edinburgh, EH16 4 DS | mobile 07712538960

Picture of Stephen Burns
by Stephen Burns - Friday, 23 October 2020, 2:32 PM

Afternoon Caroline,

Thank you for your reply and providing a contact, that might prove very useful.

Regards

Stephen

PR
Re: Participatory Budgeting Policies
by Pauline Roberts - Monday, 19 October 2020, 9:51 AM

Hi Stephen

Not sure what you're looking for but we as a Council have used PB successfully and are looking at it's integration into service delivery through a wider agenda. Happy to chat about what we have done if it helps.

https://www.stirling.gov.uk/council-democracy/budget/your-stirling-you-decide/

Pauline

Picture of Stephen Burns
Re: Participatory Budgeting Policies
by Stephen Burns - Friday, 23 October 2020, 2:48 PM

Hi Pauline,

Thank you for the link to what is being done in Stirling, I will have a look through.

Regards

Stephen