Youth/ Family Participation Strategies

This forum has a limit to the number of forum postings you can make in a given time period - this is currently set at 3 posting(s) in 1 day
Picture of nicky maccrimmon
Youth/ Family Participation Strategies
by nicky maccrimmon - Tuesday, 30 August 2016, 4:49 PM

Hi

I'm looking for any strategies or pieces of good practice that have been developed around involving young people and/or families in service design and delivery?

Ideally looking for examples of ongoing participation and engagement structures rather than one off consultations but anything gratefully received.

Cheers

Nicky

Picture of Norrie Tait
Re: Youth/ Family Participation Strategies
by Norrie Tait - Wednesday, 31 August 2016, 9:20 AM

Hi Nicky,

our response to the production of our CLD Plan was based on this process and indeed is on-going.

If you follow the link below for CLD Learning Community Plans you will see 9  plans. The 9 are based around the community of the High School catchment.

Hope this helps and if you want to get into the detail please contact me an I will send you my phone/email.

https://www.scotborders.gov.uk/site/scripts/google_results.php?q=CLD+Learning+Community+Plans

Cheers

Picture of Ceri Hunter
by Ceri Hunter - Wednesday, 31 August 2016, 12:57 PM

Hi Nicky,

you might also want to look at the Champion's Board structures for Looked after young people, as they are about continuous engagement of young people in service design rather than just a consultative exercise.  I think about 8 or 10 authorities have champions' board now.

Cheers

Ceri

Picture of nicky maccrimmon
by nicky maccrimmon - Wednesday, 31 August 2016, 4:40 PM

Will have a look.

Thanks to you both, keep them coming though !!