Choosing the category of registration appropriate for you
You can apply to become either a registered associate member or a registered member
The type of registration appropriate for you is dependent on your qualifications and experience.
To become a registered member you require -
- A Standards Council recognised degree level qualification. View the list of qualifications that are recognised for registration purposes.
- Two years verified practice in a community learning and development setting. This is equivalent to 2,800 hours of practice.
To become an associate member you require to be a full-time, part-time or voluntary practitioner in community learning and development. This includes -
- Practitioners who have recently completed a recognised professional qualification but have still to gain two years verified practice, or
- Students undertaking a recognised professional qualification, or
- Practitioners with a qualification below degree level, or
- Practitioners with qualifications in other disciplines
- Practitioners without formal qualifications
You will be asked to select the type of registration you would like to apply for when you register.