CLD volunteers

This forum has a limit to the number of forum postings you can make in a given time period - this is currently set at 3 posting(s) in 1 day
Picture of Maggie Paterson
CLD volunteers
by Maggie Paterson - Tuesday, 15 August 2017, 3:07 PM

As some of you will know, I am volunteering with the CLD Standards Council to encourage CLD volunteers to become members by raising awareness of what CLDSC already offers volunteers and exploring how support for volunteers can be developed and improved.

We are planning to add a theme to idevelop which will provide information and support both to CLD volunteers themselves and to those deploying CLD volunteers.

Through this CPD Forum post, we hope to expand on the materials we already have to bring it to life a bit more by drawing on the real life stories of volunteers and the experiences of those who work alongside them.

Please have a look at the outline plan for the idevelop theme attached and get in touch through the Forum with any ideas and potential contributions.  Believe me, I know just how busy everyone is but I also know that there is lots of great stuff out there which would be great to bring together in the one place.

Thanks

Maggie

Picture of me at a Train Station on my way to work
Re: CLD volunteers
by Raymond Ward - Wednesday, 15 November 2017, 9:18 AM

Hello Maggie,

I do have Volunteer Training Resources if you are still looking for items like that. it is a Course with a Qualification SCQF Level 6 Qualification. I also have another Volunteer Training Pack which is no Qualification but can lead to the SALL Qualification.

Forgive the delay but just seen this here today as I had a snoop around. I have attached the PowerPoint Presentation that will give you an idea of what the Course covers and also where it can lead too.  Name of the Couse 1st Steps, it is for Literacy & Numeracy Volunteers I did have a hand in Creating it something we use in Glasgow to Train ALN Volunteers, out since 2015.

Raymond Ward

ALN Tutor for Job & Business Glasgow

Picture of Maggie Paterson
by Maggie Paterson - Monday, 20 November 2017, 4:53 PM

Hi Raymond

Thanks for getting back to me.  It's great to hear about the work being done to support CLD volunteers across Scotland.  I may use your induction powerpoint to illustrate the range of professional learning available to volunteers.

We are  also trying to collate PL opportunities by Region but it would be very difficult to keep something very detailed up to date.   At the moment it seems feasible to include only those that are offered routinely (ie at least once per year).  The ones you describe would appear to fall into that category. 

Would you be able to provide such a list for Glasgow Life or put me in  touch with the right person? The information sought is along the lines you have used yourself:

Name of the programme

SCQF level (if applicable)

Any comments eg if certain level of experience/entry qualification is necessary

How to make contact if looking for further information

Thanks again for your contribution.  I look forward to hearing from you.

Maggie

Picture of me at a Train Station on my way to work
by Raymond Ward - Tuesday, 21 November 2017, 8:53 AM

Morning Maggie,

You can use it as much as you like and as often as you like as well.

I like the fact that just to show the Volunteers the wide range of Volunteering opportunities that are on offer. If you need anything else I am just an email away.

Later

Raymond.