Personal Development Awards

This forum has a limit to the number of forum postings you can make in a given time period - this is currently set at 3 posting(s) in 1 day
Picture of Susan Whyte
Personal Development Awards
by Susan Whyte - Monday, 15 February 2016, 12:11 PM

At Inverclyde we are lookng at delivering the new Personal Development Award that has 4 units Self Awarness, Self in Community, Self and Work and Practical Abilities - as a staff team we have had a couple of meetings to look at the hows and whys of delivering.  I was looking to find out if anyone else has delivered either the full 4 units at level 4 or as stand alone at level 3, and how you rolled this out to your learners.

Any feedback would be very much appreciated - thanks Susan

Picture of Robert Wilson
Re: Personal Development Awards
by Robert Wilson - Monday, 15 February 2016, 10:33 PM

Hi Susan

I am a CLD worker in North Lanarkshire Council, CLD  Wishaw and Shotts locality team.

I am currently delivering an introduction to Personal Development as a stepping stone to the PD course - self at work module. I have just moved to Life Long Learning Team from 20 years of youth work practice.

My Life-Long Learning colleagues in the Motherwell team have extensive experience of delivering Personal Development Courses and they are currently running a PD course matching all 4 units that you are intending to do. Their names are Mareth Young and Christine Johnston based at Our Lady's High School in Motherwell. Unfortunately I do not have their contact number on me, as I am typing this reply. I will post contact number tomorrow or Wednesday.

Hope this info is of use?

Good luck with your PD course!!

Robert Wilson