CLD CPD National Network Leads

Career Pathways info for Maggie Paterson

Picture of Kirsty Gemmell
Career Pathways info for Maggie Paterson
by Kirsty Gemmell - Wednesday, 3 June 2020, 11:23 AM

Hi all

As mentioned at today's meeting, below is the email content Maggie sent to Network leads around the beginning of lockdown.  The template is attached also.

If you could get back to her by the end of June, that would be very much appreciated.

Thanks

K

The Community Learning and Development Standards Council (Scotland) is working with partners to review pathways for professional learning in CLD. 

The Purpose of this initiative is to create an overview of PL currently provided with a view to

·        Assessing the extent to which pathways exist and how they can be made more effective

·        Identifying gaps in provision both in terms of content and by geography

·        Collating information about PL and making available to members in a way that is accessible and easy to keep up to date. 

We are looking for your assistance to map programmes which are locally available, whether they are more informal in nature or already recognised on the SCQF framework or CLDSC approved.   This would include programmes which are offered on an as and when needed basis.   I have attached a pro forma for returning the information.   This has been designed to take up as little of your time as possible but please let me know if it seems unduly onerous or if there is anything that doesn’t make sense at a local level. 

It may be that you have moved into a different role or that you feel that someone else is better placed to respond to this request.  If that is the case please pass this on to the relevant person or let me know who the person is and I will contact them directly.  Please also disseminate as you think appropriate to colleagues who have knowledge about local provision.