Free Digital Skills Training for CLD in Glasgow
Digitally Agile Community Learning and Development - the Basics
Free Digital Skills Training in Glasgow for May 2018
Digitally Agile Community Learning and Development – The Basics is a collaborative project between Learning Link Scotland, YouthLink Scotland and Scottish Community Development Centre (SCDC)
We are running free training to support community learning and development practitioners to develop basic digital skills and to embed those skills into community learning and development practice.
The training will focus on basic digital skills of managing information, communicating, transacting, problem solving, creating and staying safe online. The context for the course will be how basic digital skills can become embedded in the practitioners’ community learning and development practice.
· Two days – day one will focus on basic digital skills, day two will focus on how to use digital skills in community learning and development practice.
· Day one will be on 10th May and 17th May 2018
· Both days will run from 10.00 – 15.00 and refreshments and lunch will be provided.
· The training will take place at: Glasgow Training Rooms, The Pentagon, 36 Washington Street, G3 8AZ
· Participants do not need to be called a community learning and development or CLD worker but do need to be active in community learning and development activities such as adult education, youth work or community development.
· Participants may be employed by a local authority, third sector organisation or college or be a volunteer worker.
· Our intention is to recruit practitioners who do not feel confident with their digital skills and need some support to help them get started in using digital skills in their practice.
How to get involved:
· Please register your interest in the course by contacting Jackie Howie, by email firstname.lastname@example.org or 0141 353 5649
· Once you have registered interest you will be sent further information on joining the course.
For a quick update on the Digitally Agile CLD Principles please go to the website: