PDA ITALL

This forum has a limit to the number of forum postings you can make in a given time period - this is currently set at 3 posting(s) in 1 day
Picture of Tracy Gemmill
PDA ITALL
by Tracy Gemmill - Friday, 18 August 2017, 12:19 PM

Hi all,  I wonder if anyone has heard about any PDA ITALL training on offer anywhere? Been looking for 6 months now and non of the West or Central Scottish colleges seem to be offering it due to low demand and I haven't heard of any other authorities offering it in house.

Please let me know if you hear anything.

Thanks,

Tracy Gemmill (East Renfrewshire Council)

Picture of me at a Train Station on my way to work
Re: PDA ITALL
by Raymond Ward - Friday, 18 August 2017, 1:47 PM

Afternoon Tracy,

The reason why you have not heard about PDA:ITALL is because they have changed the name of it, over 3 years ago. The course that you should be looking for is: 

• PDA:SALL (Supporting All Literacy Learners) Part 1  
  • PDA TALL would be Part2 

It has been changed and also kind of extended. As they say that PDA:ITALL was outdated or no longer fit for purpose. If like me (mine in 2003) you took the PDA:ITALL still good now its has changed. The post earlier from Julia Ross might be helpful with getting in contact with her, as she has just finished delivering PDA:SALL, was sent like your message was. 

I have added the SQA page link so you can check. 

SQA Link to PDA:SALL

Link to delivery locations of PDA:SALL

Glasgow Clyde College

I hope that this was helpful to you and maybe now you can find a course.

Picture of Tracy Gemmill
Re: PDA ITALL
by Tracy Gemmill - Friday, 18 August 2017, 6:03 PM

Thanks so much for the reply Raymond and information.

Sorry that was my mistake - its a bit confusing! I should have said the PDA TAL - that is the one I'm looking for, basically Part 2 as you say. Cant find anywhere offering it. Clyde were considering it but have decided not to run it this year. I had been waiting to hear from them and was hopeful. Its still on a lot of college websites but when you enquire its not been ran for a while. So....any info on PDA TAL (or equivalent) would be appreciated.

Thanks again

Tracy

Picture of sheila white
Re: PDA SALL
by sheila white - Wednesday, 23 August 2017, 9:22 AM

Hi

I have made enquiries to my colleagues within Glasgow Clyde College and have been advised that  the PDA SALL could be offered if there is sufficient interest to run the course. To log your interest please log onto the link below. Type in the search bar PDA SALL and the info will come up.

Ignore the start date of the course as it is out of date . Log your interest using the enquiry button.

http://www.glasgowclyde.ac.uk/

Hope this helps

Sheila White

CLD Manager

Glasgow Clyde College